Estranged: Act II (Unreal Engine 4, ongoing)
An immersive first person singleplayer experience. Continues the story of a fisherman, stranded on an island during a violent storm, as he tries to get off the island.
I'm the creator and project lead, and I do most of the level design, programming and gameplay scripting. You can watch my dev blog series here.
- Application of C++ and general 3D knowledge with interaction and "picking up" mechanics, weapons systems, custom actors and components, statistic reporting to the cloud, HUD, and editor volumes to aid level design and add gameplay elements
- Steamworks SDK integration for achievements
- Putting together simple AI for animals, more complex AI for humans with gunplay using behaviour trees
- Co-ordinating a small team, managing localisations and community liaison
- Experience with modular level design, UMG widgets, materials, lighting, post processing and Blueprint scripting and the static mesh pipeline to create engrossing worlds
- Implementing shaders as materials in UE4 using nodes. Knowledge of different shading techniques, what is performant and what isn't
- Cross-compiled for Windows and Linux using Jenkins CI infrastructure
- AWS Lambda functions written in C# to process player statistics
Download Estranged: Act II on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/582890